My sister is pregnant for the second time. She is a voluntary member of SSS since she is an overseas worker. She sent me her documents to have the SSS notified of her pregnancy so that when the time comes she can avail of her Maternity Benefits from SSS.
As soon as you found out that you are pregnant better notify SSS as soon as possible. Here are the steps in notifying SSS that you are pregnant and you will avail of your maternity benefit.
1. Check your contributions. You must have paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceeding the semester of your expected date of delivery.
2. Download/Fill in SSS Form MAT-1 (Maternity Notification).
3. Fill in the form. For OFWs or Voluntary Members, just answer Part I. For employed, answer Parts I and II.
4. Attach any medical proof (pregnancy test result, ultrasound etc) that you are pregnant.
5. Go the nearest branch of SSS.
6. Submit and have your MAT-1 stamped as "NOTIFIED".
7. They will ask you to sign a logbook.
8. Your MAT-1 will be given back to you and you will need to include this when you submit the requirements for reimbursement.
1. Every time you transact with SSS, bring your SSS ID and an extra ID issued by the government.
2. If you are a representative, bring an ID issued by the government and the ID of the one you are representing. Also, don't forget an authorization letter so that you won't have any problems.
3. This is what I did when I went to SSS - Del Monte, Quezon City branch.