My friend renewed her driver's license at SM North Edsa and this time without the drug test. I renewed mine last March and posted the steps last April (click here) but this was before the drug test was taken out of the process. It took her less than an hour to renew her license probably because she went there early.
Here's the updated steps in renewing driver's license at SM North Edsa LTO Satellite Office:
1. Present old license at Window 2 and get a form from the Medical table.
2. Submit the form Pay the Medical fee (PhP 100). A staff will give you a number and the receipt for the Medical Fee
3. While waiting for your number to be called, fill out the form Medical Certificate for Driver's License
4. Your number will be called for your medical test: vision and hearing acuity
5. While waiting for your name to be called, fill out Driver's License Application form
6. You will be called for your electronic signature and for picture taking/capturing (Window 1).
7. You will be called again for payment of driver's license fee (Cashier)
8. At this point you will wait again for the release of your Driver's License and Official Receipt.
Some things to take note of (some are taken from my previous article entitled "8 Steps in Renewing your Driver's License at SM North Edsa")
* Medical exam part - The personnel will check on your weight; have you look at a monitor, with some distance, and read some letter or numbers interchangeably covering your left eye or right eye and ask you a few questions.
* Bring your own pen.
* Wear something with collar and make yourself presentable.
* Priority is given to Senior Citizens, PWDs
* If SM North Edsa Satellite Office is offline, go to another LTO Renewal Center especially if your license is near expiry to prevent penalties or re-applying and re-doing all the tests...
Please see latest update in Comments Section by Mr. Rey Nocum. Thank Sir.
Will re-post/update this next year when I renew again my license.