1. Accessible - walking distance to Embarcadero (whale shark sighting), Pacific Mall, Gaisano Mall, LCC Mall, the market, banks, etc.
2. Nice and friendly staff - one can approach anybody from the staff and they will entertain you even during their break time. They would go out of their way to help you find your way around the city and answer your questions. When we needed something, they would respond as fast as they can.
3. Affordable room rates - We were 3 and a kid and we only paid 1,700 (with A/C) for a night.
4. Spacious rooms - Even with the pull-out bed, the room that we had is not that crowded between the three of us.
5. Clean - visually it's relatively clean and maintained.
6. Fast and reliable internet - Our room is near the reception area maybe that's why we were able to get a good signal.
7. Transportation is not a problem - even at night tricycles, jeeps and taxi cabs are available and are plying the area.
8. It has a "homey" ambiance that makes you feel welcome and safe whether you are local or not.
Legazpi Tourist Inn needs improvement on the following:
1. The bathroom is clean but not that sterile, the smell of cockroach is on their sink.
2. The water pressure in the shower is not that strong.
3. Bathroom fixtures need to be upgraded, we called their maintenance once in a while because we can't turn the shower knob because it's quite loose. Good thing the staffs are accommodating.
4. The bed sheets and towels are clean but some are obviously worn out.
5. We were out the whole day but no housekeeping done in the room and bath.
If you need a place to lay your head in Legazpi City then Legazpi Tourist Inn is worth considering. It may need some improvements but generally if you have simple needs then it is a good enough place to stay considering everything (cost, location, amenities. etc.).